Delicious Dog Recipes For Your Puppy This Summer
During summer it’s common that our pup is less like eating, this is because of temperature soaring. Due to this change, his body makes him change eating habits. We would like to help you, so here you have some delicious dog recipes for your puppy this summer.
Table of Contents
- 1 1 – Pumpkin Surprise
- 2 2 – Plantain with Peanut
- 3 3 – Coconut and Strawberry
- 4 4 – The swirl of Oats and Peanuts
- 5 5 – Meatloaf
1 – Pumpkin Surprise
- 2 bananas.
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (if you can get organic it is much better).
- 2 tablespoons organic honey (if your dog is under 18 months do not put honey, replace with molasses).
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin meat.
- 500 g of sugar-free natural yogurt.
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
Crush the bananas in a cup. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour the mix into a container and place in the freezer until the mixture is completely frozen.
Both the seeds and the flesh of the pumpkin are full of vitamin A, beta-carotene, potassium, iron, copper, zinc and magnesium, vitamins and minerals essential for them. In addition, the antioxidants can help prevent some types of cancer.
2 – Plantain with Peanut
- 900 grams of natural yogurt without sugar.
- 2 ripe bananas.
- ⅛ cup honey (if your dog is under 18 months do not put honey, replace with molasses).
- ½ cup of peanut butter.
Crush bananas in a large bowl. Add peanut butter, yogurt, and honey. Mix well. Pour the mixture into an ice bucket or make ice lollipops too. Place in the freezer for a couple of hours until it is ready.
They have high potassium content. Potassium helps because keep bones from weakening, as it neutralizes the effects of too much sodium in the body and allows your pup’s body to have healthy amounts of calcium.
3 – Coconut and Strawberry
- 900 grams of coconut milk (available in the healthy food section).
- 3/4 of strawberries.
- 1/4 tablespoon of honey (if your dog is under 18 months do not put honey, replace with molasses).
Mix everything in a large bowl, take it to the blender and put the mixture in a container to make pallets or ice cubes. Keep in the freezer until it is ready.
Strawberries in small amounts are good and healthy for your puppy as they provide some nutrients. Among the properties of strawberries are:
- Provide natural hydration and very few calories.
- They have natural antioxidants, such as vitamin C, which helps delay cell aging and improves the immune system.
- Minerals such as magnesium and copper.
- Lecithin and pectin.
- Flavonoids like fisetin.
4 – The swirl of Oats and Peanuts
- 1 cup peanut butter.
- 2 small cups of plain yogurt without sugar.
- ¼ cup of oatmeal.
- ¼ cup of carrots cooked in pieces.
In a bowl, mix the peanut butter, plain yogurt, oatmeal and carrots in pieces. Take everything to the blender. Pour the mixture into an ice cubes tray or a tray for ice pops. Place the sticks before it freezes. Wait a few hours until it’s ready and remove it.
Oats helps intestinal transit and prevents constipation and Yogurt helps stabilize the flora of the intestine and the microorganisms of the digestive system.
5 – Meatloaf
- 2 pounds ground turkey or other meat.
- 1 cup cooked organic oatmeal (We prefer a minimally processed steel-cut whole-grain oat, like Irish oatmeal).
- 3/4 cup organic flaxseed meal or breadcrumbs.
- 1/2 cup fresh organic parsley, finely chopped.
- 2 large eggs.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen vegetables (Use a variety of vegetables, such as peas, corn, diced cooked potatoes, and grated carrots).
Preheat the oven to 350 ° F and place the oven rack in the middle slot. Mix all the ingredients with your hands. Transfer the mixture to sliced bread, or use a 13-by-9-inch baking dish and form it in the center. You can also use toasted bread, simply leave space for the bread in the middle, you can also cook potatoes or sweet potatoes in the pan at the same time, Bake for 1 hour.
Your puppy will go crazy enjoying this delicious cake!
Don’t forget to share these great dog recipes with your pup for this summer. These great recipes will help him keep a healthy diet and fight heat strokes, your puppy will thank you.
Hey, we would like to know, which recipe did you like the most?